Awards, badges and certificates are simply things. They are only valuable because we see fit to assign them value – without our backing they lose their meaning and cease to be anything more than objects.
That is why it is so important that we focus our attention on the One Lovely Blog Award and assign it the massive amount of energy and value that it rightly deserves. We need to lift this award on our shoulders and carry it around for all to see and appreciate so that it becomes part of our social fabric, yarn in the human tapestry if you will, that never, ever fades into obsolescence.
As you’ve guessed, I received one.
The awarding blogger is Lidia the Air Eater who is also manages the meta-blog Vegan Bloggers Unite. Lidia was one of the first people I connected with when my blog and plant-based life was only a week old and she has been a solid blogging buddy ever since. The VBU is a great way to bump into new vegan bloggers and to remind yourself of those that may have slipped off of your radar, so I hope you check it out.
The One Lovely Blog Award rules require that I:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated me.
- Paste the award image on my blog, anywhere.
- Share 7 facts about myself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs I like for this award.
- Contact the bloggers that I have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
- Resume blogging my regular posts.
Being a bit of a rebel, I’ve decided to bend the rules. I am glad to share 7 random facts about myself, but the list of blogs that I share below was not compiled by me. Last week I asked theVeganauts group to help create a list of blogs that they read. Expect way more to be added to the list in the future because they are such a well read and exceptionally good looking group… but this is the first draft. Oh, and there are WAY more than 15. Remember? Rebel.
7 tidbits about me:
1. I would be a fourth generation plumber, but my dad was the last of the line. As a kid he let me work with him enough to realize how much hard, physical labor was involved. I think he knew what he was doing.
2. The first two cats I ever named spent their lives being called Kitchen and Potty. I was four. See the plumbing influences even at that young age?
3. I love the Autumn.
4. My favorite car is the Mercury Grand Marquis. Blue. In case you are wondering what to get me for my herbiversary.
5. I am an experienced sailor with expired American Sailing Association instructor certification.
6. I love to play hackey sack by myself and I don’t care how that sounds.
7. Sir-Mix-a-Lot’s SWASS album: I know it by heart. Kids today with their SWAG and their YOLO need to go back to Old School.
Enjoy! I recommend playing blog roulette by running the cursor up and down the links and clicking when it feels right. If you play, please leave a comment on the blogs you visit letting the author know about their award. I might also have to break the rule about informing each of the winners. REBEL!