I have been given the Versatile Blogger Award from the vivacious and versatile Air Eater.
It is kind of like a chain letter to help bloggers find readers and to help readers find blogs. However, it has the capitalized word Award in the title, so I accept.
I’d like to thank my family and friends that stood by me and never let me lose sight of the prestigious Versatile Blogger Award. I love you Honey… uh.. I mean Agave Nectar (pause for laughter). Kids- show’s over- go to bed!! (wait for uproarious laughter to die down) Special thanks to my sister Jenn who does a lot of work behind the scenes helping with FB content, managing the Twitter account @Atkins2Vegan and generally being supportive from the beginning.
I’d also like to thank Air Eater and the other helpful bloggers out there that form this close knit community. When I was a new vegan blogger 130 days ago I leaned on this group of passionate vegan writers for support. They were quick to answer questions and help a newbie down the path to compassionate, healthful eating and living. Air Eater was one of the first to help me down that path and it is an even greater honor to be selected by her.
Just like in her post I’m going to re-iterate the rules for the award: Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post. Share 7 things about yourself. Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers that YOU enjoy. Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated!
Here are 7 facts about me:
1) I co-planned and co-wrote a book about grilling and smoking pork ribs around the same time that I helped design and build a huge mobile Bar-b-q smoker.
2) I’ve taught humans of every age, K-12, college, adult and everything in between~ in subjects ranging from algebra to sailing to Zen archery.
3) I supported a family of five on a stunted elementary school teaching salary AND as a professional poker player while Shannon finished her teaching degree.
4) Oh my. I turn 40 in several weeks and just bought my first pair of reading glasses. I make them look good.
5) I answered to the name Tonto for 18 years of my life, and no, not the first 18. Ages 16-34.
6) My name is Jason and I spent decades worth of summers working at Camp Crystal Lake, a fun ‘Friday the 13’ fact that my wife has enjoyed sharing with her friends since we met there in 1991.
7) Currently, I am an instructor at a Florida university in an educational technology masters program for teachers.
The 15 bloggers that I want to nominate for this award, and that you should check out, are:
If you get a chance to visit these blogs, leave a comment and tell them congratulations for winning the highly coveted Versatile Blogger Award.
There are other blogs that I enjoy that I’ll remember later today and wish that I’d mentioned, but that is just part of the big award speech pressure. You can never remember all the people you need to thank before the music cuts you off. Luckily as the producer of this particular show… HEY! WHO CUED THE MUSIC? NO WAIT!!.. I’M Not do……